The Dracula tour is meant to entertain the tourist with myths and stories, legend and the historical truth. The itinerary includes both places where Vlad the Impaler lived or visited, by will or by force, and places created to give more realistic touch to Bram Stoker`s novel.
Itinerary:Bucharest – Snagov – Bran Castle – Brasov – Sighisoara – Bistrita – Bargau Pass – Biertan – Sibiu – Poienari – Targoviste – Bucharest
- Arrival in Bucharest, transfer from the airport
- Tour of the city and visit the ruins of Dracula`s court in Bucharest
Accomodation in Bucharest
- Departure from Bucharest, drive to Snagov, visit the island monastery where Vlad the Impaler is buried.
- Drive to Bran Castle – visit the very famous Dracula`s castle – the chance to find out about myths and truth of Vlad`s life and habits
- Drive to Brasov.
Accomodation in Brasov
- City tour of Brasov; attractions: the Council Tower and Square, the Black Church (the most important Gothic art monument in Romania and tallest Eastern Europe), first Romanian school, st Nicolas Church.
- Drive to Sighisoara via Rupea
- Short visit at Rupea Citadel – 13th century saxon fortification
- Visit in Sighisoara – the only inhabited medieval citadel of Europe, place of birth of Vlad`s father and the supposed place of birth of Vlad the Impaler, aka Count Dracula, and its very well preserved medieval attractions: Clock Tower and History Museum, Wooden Covered Staircase, Church on the Hill, Venetian House. *Art and handmade souvenirs permanent fair held inside de citadel.
Overnight in Sighisoara
- Drive to Bistrita-Nasaud county toward Bargau Pass
- Visit and accommodation and the Dracula Castle Hotel, the pass where Bram Stoker placed the action of his novel
- Drive to Sibiu via Biertan
- Visit the Biertan medieval fortified church and citadel – UNESCO world heritage
- Visit the city of Sibiu – European Capital of Culture 2007 – visit of the city center: Small and Large Squares of the city, Brukental Palace&Museum, Council Tower, Liars` Bridge, citadel walls and towers, Evangelic Cathedral
Accomodation in Sibiu
- Departure from Sibiu, drive to Poienari Citadel, the real Dracula`s Castle
- Drive to Targovieste, visit the ruins of Vlad the Impaler`s old medieval citadel, before he changed the capital of Wallachia, from Targoviste to Bucharest.
- Return to Bucharest, accommodation in Bucharest or transfer to the airport
*lunches and dinner will be organized after the tourist decides on the food preferences
*all days` schedule is subject of change, accordingly to the tourist`s preferences or time
DISCLAIMER: The information presented here is only a suggestion and does not represent a travel package. The presented tour can be made with different providers’ services.