Itinerary: Bucharest – Brasov – Sighisoara – Targu Mures – Cluj Napoca – Baia Mare – Sapanta – Gura Humorului – Bicaz Gorges – Miercurea Ciuc – Brasov – Bran – Bucharest
Bucharest city Tour
Bucharest – Sighisoara
- Drive to Sighisoara via medieval city and county of Brasov.
Overnight in Sighisoara.
Sighisoara and surroundings
- Sighisoara: visit of the only inhabited citadel in Europe, a its very well preserved medieval attractions: Clock Tower and History Museum, Wooden Covered Staircase, Church on the Hill, Vlad Dracul House and Venetian House. *Art and handmade souvenirs permanent fair held inside de citadel.
- Biertan fortified church – UNESCO heritage
- Sibiu – European Capital of Culture 2007 – visit of the city center: Small and Large Squares of the city, Brukental Palace&Museum, Counsil Tower, Liars` Bridge, citadel walls and towers, Evangelic Cathedral
Return to Sighisoara, overnight in the city.
- Drive from Sighisoara to Baia Mare, via Targu Mures and Cluj
- Short tours of the cities
Overnight in Baia Mare
- Visit to the “Merry Cemetery”, famous for its brightly colorful carved wooden crosses and humorous illustrations, located on the Iza Valley, a beautiful traditional villages area.
- Visit the wooden churches Barsana, Bogdan Voda and Rozavlea.
- Drive to Bukovina via Prislop Pass, short photo stop.
Overnight in Bukovina
Medieval painted monasteries
The 15th century painted monasteries are a real treasure and a delight for the eye and the soul. They represent the main attraction of Bukovina. Their vivid colors, exterior paintings and history, tranquility and serenity will amaze the tourist.
- Visit of Moldovita, Sucevita and Voronet Monasteries
- Visit and the Marginea black pottery center
- Drive to Piatra Neamt and overnight in the city
- Drive from Piatra Neamt to Brasov via spectacular Bicaz Gorges (Pass).
- Stop at the Red Lake on the way of crossing the natural border between Moldavia and Transylvania.
- Brasov tour: the Council Tower and Square, the Black Church, first Romanian school, st Nicolas Church.
Overnight in Brasov
- Drive to Bran Castle, famously referred to as “Dracula`s castle”, shopping break at the permanent local fair.
- Visit the 15th Century Rasnov Citadel.
- Visit the Peles Castle – former summer residence of the Romanian Royal Family, today used only as a Museum and the Sinaia Monastery.
Drive to Bucharest to the hotel or airport.
*lunches and dinner will be organized after the tourist decides on the food preferences
*all days` schedule is subject of change, accordingly to the tourist`s preferences or time
DISCLAIMER: The information presented here is only a suggestion and does not represent a travel package. The presented tour can be made with different providers’ services.