4 to 7 days, depending on the availability
Itinerary: Bucharest – Brasov – Rupea – Sighisoara – Sibiu – Biertan – Danes – Brasov – Rasnov – Bran Castle – Peles Castle – Sinaia Monastery – Bucharest
City tour of Bucharest or city of arrival
- Departure from Bucharest (or city of arrival) to Sighisoara, via Brasov and Rupea – on the way to Sighisoara, there will be a lunch stop and some photo stops; the landscape changes as the Carpathian are passed, from the region of Wallachia to Transylvania.
- Short visit at Rupea Citadel – 13th Century recently renovated medieval citadel
Accomodation in Sighisoara.
- Sightseeing tour of Sighisoara citadel : Clock Tower, The Citadel Walls, Wooden covered staircase, The church on the hill, Vlad Dracul`s Home and Venetian Home – Sighisoara is the only inhabited citadel of Europe with 15th century very well preserved attractions
- Drive to Sibiu via Biertan
- Visit the Biertan Fortress – one of the most important among the Saxon fortifications in Southern Transylvania, built in the 15th and 16th Century, UNESCO world heritage monument.
- Visit the center of Sibiu – European Capital of Culture in 2007, one of the most beautiful cities in Romania, very important medieval city of Transylvania:Evangelical Church, Small Square, Catholic Church, Liar’s Bridge, Brukental Palace&Museum, Council Tower.
Return to Sighisoara, accommodation at the same hotel
- Day spent at the Dracula Danes Domain
- Activities: horse riding, pony riding for children, horse-drawn carriage or bells sleigh during winter, soccer or hiking.
- Drive to Brasov
- Visit the city of Brasov – one of the largest mediaeval towns in Transylvania. Old fortification ruins of the former burg, narrow streets and Saxon medieval houses.
- Attractions: the Council Tower and Square, the Black Church (the most important Gothic art monument in Romania and tallest Eastern Europe), first Romanian school, st Nicolas Church.
- Drive to Bran and Sinaia, visit the Rasnov citadel, the Bran and Peles castles
- Visit the 15th Century Rasnov Citadel.
- Visit the Bran Castle, the well known Dracula`s castle.
- Visit the Peles Castle, summer residence of the Romanian Royal Family, late 19th century building, German and Austrian inspiration.
- Visit the Sinaia Monastery
Overnight in Prahova Valley
- Return to Bucharest or city of departure, transfer to the airport
*lunches and dinner will be organized after the tourist decides on the food preferences
*all days` schedule is subject of change, accordingly to the tourist`s preferences or time
DISCLAIMER: The information presented here is only a suggestion and does not represent a travel package. The presented tour can be made with different providers’ services.